Saturday, March 31, 2012

Daughter Date Night

About a month ago, I bought two tickets to see Mary Poppins at Bass Hall here in Fort Worth.  I kept it a secret from Abi up until 2 days before the big night.  She woke up early one morning and climbed in the chair beside me as I was reading.  She asked to play with my phone and I handed it over.  I didn't realize what she was looking at until she said, "Mommy, it says Mary Poppins on your calender for Tuesday.  What does that mean?"  I had almost made it to the actual day without her knowing anything!  She reads a little too good these days. :)

Surprise for Abi

After she got home from school, we finished up homework and got dressed for our Mommy-daughter date.  She picked the restaurant and I didn't complain.  Chili's!  She's my chips and salsa partner.  I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I ate it 3-4 times a week when I was pregnant with her.  We went for yogurt after dinner and sat by the window for a fun little chat.  I love getting them one-on-one with no distractions.  She is growing into such a sweet lady. 
DSC_0022a

Ready for a spoonful of sugar

She LOVED the play.  She danced all the way back to the car.  It was a special time with my big girl!
Mary Poppins at Bass Hall Untitled

While Abi and I were on our date, Adison and daddy had a date night of their own.  Right up Itty's alley!  They went to feed the lamas at Mrs. Flor's house.  And then they went to Mr. Bari and Mrs. Vicki's house.  She rode the donkeys, drove the tractor and rode a horse as well!  She had a "hay-day", literally! 
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

We will cherish these "date-nights" where we get to show our girls how special they are and get to
really stop and listen to their hopes and dreams.

Some of the things Abi shared with me on our date:

Math is her favorite subject.
She likes music more than P.E.
She is currently a proud member of a "Fairy Club" at recess.  She's a little nervous that
she might get kicked out because she doesn't believe in ALL fairies.  Just the Tooth fairy and maybe Tinkerbel.  I held back the smile as I assured her that belief in the Tooth fairy earned her the right to be a member in the club.
She wants to practice the church praise songs more, so that she can sing all the words.
She offered to work in the school library during recess because she wanted to help out.
She wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up and will settle for living in Paris, TX as long as there are fashion design studios in that town.

No comments:

Post a Comment