Thursday, October 6, 2011

Weekly Happenings . . .

A friend recently re-inspired me to pick up my camera more often and record those simple, day-to-day happenings.  I didn't take my camera everywhere with me, but I've committed to using my iPhone camera more often as well!  (The ones you look back on and wish you had a snap-shot of) Well, here are a few of the things that took place in our world this week.

We started out Tuesday morning wearing our first pair of jeans for the season.  And Adison WAS NOT happy about it!  We tried on 3 different jeans until she finally submitted to the fact that she wasn't wearing shorts that day.

DSC_0837f

Adison has always been my independent player.  She can be content for hours on end with all her animals and toys.  This Tuesday morning I found her with all her puppies!

DSC_0849f

And she LOVES to play on the iPad. (who doesn't these days)  This bought me some time to pick up around the house.

DSC_0852f

I work most Monday evenings, so Steven has the girls those nights.  I love finding stacks of books from their night together!

DSC_0854f

This is Itty's favorite way to get in the car after we've been to the grocery store!

IMG_0979f

And chocolate milk in Target is a favorite treat!

IMG_0977f

This is also a favorite hobby of the girls:  Make Mii's on the Wii!  (they love to make one for Daddy wearing make-up)


DSC_0862f

DSC_0857fDSC_0865f

And most afternoons now consist of homework. (the dreaded word)

DSC_0888

Today we took the girls to the park right by our house.  And we had a FIRST moment when Abi got the hang of riding her bike without training wheels!  She's big stuff now! She was so excited!

DSC_0894

DSC_0896

DSC_0897

DSC_0901

We are in one of the worst droughts Texas has had in years.  As you can see, our lake is seriously drying up. We can literally walk out in the lake.  We don't see many boats come by anymore.  Many people can't even get them in the water. (we are included in those people) :(
DSC_0900

DSC_0908

DSC_0909
DSC_0911

DSC_0912

DSC_0921

DSC_0928f

DSC_0940f

Daddy grabbed the camera and snapped some shots of me and my girls!  He's getting pretty good at it too!
Now we are headed back home for a fun filled weekend.  The girls get to have their first sleep-over with some sweet, sweet friends!  They are gonna have a blast!
DSC_0954

No comments:

Post a Comment