Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Days!

We had record breaking weather here in Texas this past week.  CRAZY COLD!! Wind chills in the NEGATIVE numbers!! I'm not a fan of the cold at all.  The worst part was everything was shut down and we pretty much stayed put for 4 days straight.  I had to work on the 5th day which gave me an excuse to get out of the house!  It took me 2.5 times my normal commute, but I made it safe and sound. After all was said and done, we were especially thankful for the manditory down-time!  Everyone needs it now and again.  We washed lots of clothes, camped out by the warmth from the fire place, drank many cups of hot chocolate, watched many, many movies, played board games, provided showers for friends with frozen water pipes, and loved just being home with our family! The snow is now gone and the sun is shining. (however, there is more snow forcasted for this week)  Here are a few of our fun pics from the week!  I have some funny video as well and want to try to make a Snow Movie for the girls. (we'll see how that goes :) ) 

Steven had to bring Adison home from church yesterday while I was at work.  Poor thing was sick and pretty pittiful looking, but she bounced right into my room early this morning.  I'm praying that will be all the
sickness we'll have around here for a while. 
Hope this week finds everyone well and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment